Many emerging fabless are primary focus on chip design and development. But they are facing operational challenges in the supply chain as it is different expertise and requires economies of scale. The following are key development flow and the professional team needed during IC supply chain management.
Following is a story of one customer who entrusts supply chain management with MooreElite. It all starts with the customer’s expertise in Ethernet PHY design. When IEEE published Automotive Ethernet standard in 2016, it’s a very good opportunity to enter this booming ADAS market. However, there are international players who already dominated the automotive IC market and watch out for newcomers. The customer needs to penetrate the market with fast volume production and competitive cost solution to secure a decent market share in a short time. With customer’s small elite team size and ambitious goal, the customer chooses MooreElite as its reliable operation partner.
– Through MooreElite’s backend design service: the customer was able to complete the two chips design in a few months and ready for tape-out
– Through MooreElite’s tape-out services: the customer was able to finish 3 MPW in
0.11um and 55nm in 3 months, and 2 NTO (Full mask tapeout) after MPW.
– Through MooreElite CP testing services: we help customer to develop ATE test program and hardware needed for chip NRE and production.
– Through MooreElite production operation services:
- he customer was able to secure sufficient foundry capacity for production
- the customer was able to secure good pricing with foundry
- oversee chip production with very minimum staff requirement and focus their
- valuable resources in improving their product
- leverage MooreElite’s Yield management and ERP system to monitor yield
- utilize a group of supply chain veteran to manage its chip production and avoid
- many potential risks.
After 15 months of close working together with the customer, we have successfully enabled customer chip for mass production with thousands of wafer per year, and keep the yield and logistics in check.